A script or other process can use an API token to perform basic authentication with Jira Cloud applications or Confluence Cloud. You should use and treat API tokens as securely as any other password.
Follow the below steps to generate a new Jira user API token:
1. Go to Account Settings.
2. Click the Security option.
3. Under API token, click the Create and manage API tokens link.
4. Click the Create API token button.
5. Enter a Label and click the Create button.
6. Click the Copy button to copy the API token. Store the token at some safe location because you won’t able to view or copy it again.