Connecting to a Jira site to Redpen helps you in different ways:
- Receive the customer feedback/issues directly to the Jira board
- You can create issues directly in Jira from the Redpen web app.
- Get the meaningful and important diagnostics information with issues when you create using Redpen.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to connect a Jira site to Redpen.
1. Click on the “Add New Site” button
2. Specify the URL of the Jira site you want to connect with Redpen
Add the URL of the Jira site in the textbox and click the “Connect” button to connect to the Jira site.
3. Authorize Redpen to connect to your Jira site
Complete Jira authorization in the “Authorize app” dialog that pops up. To authorize the Redpen app, on the Jira authorization dialog, select the site from the “Authorize to” dialog and click “Accept“.
Note: If your Jira site admin has installed the Redpen Jira add-on to the site you are connecting to, you won’t see the “Authorize to” dropdown and won’t require to select a Jira site to authorize.
Once the authorization is successful, you will see the Jira site in the site dropdown. The green status shows that the Jira site is connected to Redpen successfully.